Karen has served on Main Street's staff since June, 2015 and loves serving the families of Main Street's babies- 6th graders as the family ministries coordinator. She has always loved children and has previously taught in preschool and elementary schools and served as an interim children's minister in Georgia.
Fun facts About Karen:
- Karen has been happily married for 27 years to John, a chemistry professor at NKU.
- Karen has two daughters (Kate, Elizabeth) and one son-in-law (Nathan)
- Karen has lived in southern Kentucky, northeast Indiana, south Georgia, and northern Kentucky.
- Karen grew up on a farm, but her family now calls her a "city girl".
- Karen homeschooled her daughters, giving her the opportunity to get a K-12 education not once, but three times!
- Karen loves flowers and might be Kroger's most frequent floral clearance rack shopper.
- Karen once got stuck in an inflatable bounce house-always a risk when serving children!
- Karen loves milk chocolate but won't eat raw tomatoes or grits.
- Karen's college job was serving every summer at a Christian kids camp. Taking Main Street kids to camp is still her favorite week of the year.
- Karen is currently serving in her dream job- nothing better than sharing Jesus with children and families!