Main Street Baptist Church (MSBC) is currently seeking a Student Pastor to shepherd its students and students’ families for middle school, high school, and college-aged students. MSBC is located in a semi-rural area of northern Kentucky about 30 minutes south of downtown Cincinnati. The local high school is only two miles from the church, with a current enrollment of 1500 students. Also, Northern Kentucky University (current enrollment of ~15,000) is only 15 minutes away. A successful candidate will be well-equipped and experienced to teach God’s word and to plan, organize, and counsel a range of student ages and personalities.
This is considered a pastoral position; under the direction of the Senior Pastor, the Student Pastor will lead, direct, and maintain all areas of middle/high school as well as oversee the leaders of the college ministry.
STUDENT MINISTRY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruit, lead, equip, and maintain a Lead Team of adult and young adult leaders to assist in any and all campus-centered activities.
- Create opportunities for disconnected students to engage congregationally, in life and in work.
- Assist in developing and deploying a strategy, preparing students to be “Life/University” ready; engage students and families to invest in this process both strategically and spiritually.
- Shepherd students/families appropriately; conferring with Sr. Pastor and providing referrals for crisis counseling situations.
- Visit local schools and participate in the life of students and their families.
- Engage with students on local college and university campuses.
TEACHING AND LEADING RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate/assist the Senior Pastor to preach before the general church body as needed.
- Oversee/plan discipleship/small groups (middle school to college).
- Plan, organize, and oversee camps/mission trips (mission-centered, discipleship-based life).
- Implement an on-going evangelism process (middle school to college).
- Coordinate consistent opportunities to engage students in regular ministry through Main Street.
- Coordinate with Family Ministries for the transition of 5th and 6th graders into student ministry.
- Work with the Lead Team to regularly evaluate MSBC’s student-focused strategies/processes.
- Provide an Annual Budget Proposal to the Stewardship Team for “on campus” related and Main Street based ministries.
- Meet on a weekly basis with MSBC staff as directed.
CHARACTERISTICS AND EXPECTATIONS
- Maintain God-ordained priorities; able to discern and recognize needs.
- Relational leader with 5 year’s experience growing a student ministry.
- Outgoing, servant-hearted, people person.
- Able to engage/encourage adults and parents to participate in student ministry.
- Ministry Experience and ability to teach (please provide links).
- Ability to lead volunteers.
- Able to work with little direction (in some cases); self-motivated and organized.
- Strong computer and communication skills; Daily correspondence of emails and voicemails.
- Participate in all church-wide events and activities.
- Spousal support and involvement expected.
POSITION MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (required)
Master’s Degree or Seminary (preferred)
Experience: At least 5 years, with demonstrated experience in above areas
Employment status: Full-time, exempt
Beginning Salary: $48,000 - $54,000 annually, based on experience.
Health Benefit: A generous reimbursable health account is provided.
Reimbursable: Certain expenses incurred during work may be reimbursable.
Starting Vacation: 2 weeks annually; New employees eligible during first year upon approval.
Annuity: Employer contribution to 403(b) available; Employer contribution of 50% of 3% of regular salary; contribution increase by Salary Reduction also available.
Life Insurance: Life & Disability insurance; 6x annual salary; begins twelfth (12th) pay period.
Ministry Leave: One week annually; for leading a revival or participating in an approved conference or mission trip.
- Interested applicants should send a PDF version of their resume to: [email protected]
- Please do not contact the church office with questions at this time.
- Position will be hired by Pastoral Search team, with Elder approval and church vote.
- Job demands 40+ hours per week with two off days, not to conflict with student activities.
- Goal is to fill this position during the fall of 2019.